Sunday, August 30, 2015

Rocket Numbers 1 to 32 {Space Theme Number Printables}

I use the 5.5” x 8.5” Rocket Numbers 1 to 32 on the floor in my classroom. This is where the students lineup to leave the room. I reserve number 1 as the line leader’s spot, number 2 as the door holder’s spot, and since I have only 22 students; number 22 is reserved for my caboose. To vary how the students line-up I use the 2.25” x 3.25” size Rocket Numbers. At the beginning of the year, I draw the number from my jar and the student takes the smaller number rocket has to match up the number on the floor using 1:1 correspondence. As the year progresses I will show them the number and they will have to find the matching number. At the end of the year I will call the number out and they will have to find it on the floor without visual support.

Below is a picture of the Number Rockets in use in my Pre-K classroom. Each rock is on of 10 primary colors. Another idea to vary the way the students lineup is to call out a color rocket and have the students find the matching color rocket to stand on.
Rocket Numbers 1 to 32 include the following:

  • (32) Approximately 5.5” x 8.5” individual rocket numbers.
  • (32) Approximately 4.25” x 5.5” individual rocket numbers.
  • (32) Approximately 2.25” x 3.25” individual rocket numbers.


Directions: It is recommended to print on card stock, trim along the black border leaving a white edge, and laminate for durability.

Georgia Early Learning and Development Standards:

Mathematics
CD-MA4.4b Sorts and classifies objects using one or more attributes or relationships.
CD-MA4.4c Creates and extends simple, repeating patterns.
CD-MA2.4b Counts at least 10 objects using one-to-one correspondence.

No comments:

Post a Comment