Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Winter is Here... In Ms. Hampton's Room

Winter wonderland has come to Ms. Hampton's Room
Well, Christmas break came to an end yesterday. Back to the classroom for two days of in-service and preparing for the new theme. I was fortunate to have almost the entire two days free to re-arrange and transform my dramatic play center into a winter wonderland. I really wanted to make a milk jug igloo but didn't have enough milk jugs. I backed up and "punted!" I went to Pinterest.com for some ideas. I found a PVC fort that didn't look too difficult to make. I also added milk jug penguins, a "cradle" sled, a snowman for the students to make, ice fishing for letters, shapes, numbers, and colors; ice blocks to sit on, and a fire to roast marshmallows. Inside the "ice" fort the students can make alphabet soup and words using the magnetic letters. There is also a life size Emperor penguin for the students to measure themselves against. I can't wait for the kids to see it and explore the different areas.

Snowman, penguins, campfire oh my! So many choices.


No comments:

Post a Comment